The Thai chicken satay is one of the main-staples of the Thai cuisine. A great dish for party's and events that is simple to prepare and serve.
- 12 skinless and boneless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into thin strips
- Wooden skewers
- 2 stalks lemongrass, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (optional)
- 2 shallots or 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-2 fresh red chilies, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh turmeric
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon low sodium sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Stir all marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Cut chicken into thin strips and stir well to combine.
2. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, and up to 24 hours.
3. Thread meat onto the skewers. Discard marinade.
4. Grill the satay on your outdoor or indoor grill for 2-3 minutes per side, until no longer pink. (Time will changeable, it depends on how thin your meat is.)
Note: You can serve with peanut sauce for dipping.